In general, you can visit one of our sites without telling us who you are and without giving any personal information about yourself. Avendra does not collect any personal information from users browsing its web site. Only aggregate data — such as the number of hits per page — are collected. Aggregate data are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information. Most of the information collected by Avendra is used only to help us better serve our customers and suppliers. It is our general policy to collect and store only personal information that our customers and suppliers knowingly and voluntarily provide either through web site registration or on credit applications, vendor agreements or conference/seminar registrations. This personal information includes, without limitation, name, business address and business telephone numbers and credit card information. There are times, however, when we or our partners or suppliers may need information from you. We try to make sure that the personally identifying information you provide us remains private.
We will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose the personally identifying information you provide to anyone outside of Avendra, its operating companies, except as otherwise provide in this policy or other policies relating to specific sites. However,
- When you visit any of our sites, your browser automatically sends us an IP (Internet Protocol) address and certain other information (including the type of browser you use). We may use this IP address and other information to give you access to the sites and otherwise administer the sites. In certain parts of a site, we may ask you to provide us with your name or other information so that we can provide you with information you request. You are under no obligation to provide us with this information, but without it, we may not be able to provide you the information you request.
- We will use information that is generated by your visit or that you provide to us to provide a product or service, a callback, or information. To help us do this, we may share information, with others, including our various affiliates, business partners and financial institutions.
- You also should be aware that we collect certain usage information about our sites, such as the number and frequency of visitors to certain parts of a site and broad demographic information for aggregate use to analyze trends and administer the sites. This allows us to improve services and our sites. We may engage third parties with whom we share such information in order to assist us in analyzing such information and in making service and site improvements.
- Some of our sites also include certain features that allow you to communicate with us by electronic mail or otherwise. If you choose to use such features (such as a “Contact Us” feature), you may be required to supply such information (including your e-mail address and other information we may deem necessary) in order for us to communicate and respond. We may not only respond to the e-mail messages you send us, but also use such information for any other business purpose, including sending you subsequent communications concerning this site, or our services. Moreover, please be aware that it may be possible for others to read messages that you send over the Internet, so do not send by electronic mail any information that you would want to keep confidential.
- Like many companies, we use “cookie” technology on our Web site. Cookies are files that contain information created by a web server that can be stored on a user’s hard disk for use either during a particular session (“per-session” cookie) or for future use (“persistent” cookie). These cookies may tell us whether you have visited our site before or are a new visitor and what material on our site you have viewed. Cookies are not used to disseminate significant information about users over the Internet or to analyze any information that users have knowingly or unknowingly provided. The cookies we use do not collect any personally identifying information about you or provide us with any way to contact you, and the cookies do not extract any information from your computer. Users may instruct their Internet browsers to opt out of accepting a “persistent” cookie and rather accept only a “per-session” cookie, but will need to login each time they visit the site to enjoy the full benefits. If the user declines the attachment of any cookie, the user may not have access to the full benefits of the website. We do not associate the cookie with any information you may include in an e-mail message. You should check the help information relating to the browser that you are using if you desire to disable cookies.
- If you provide us with personal information or other information about somebody else, including information relating to another individual or the business with which you are associated, we will assume that you have their permission to do so.
Arrangements with Third Parties
- We may contract with third parties to provide various services to us, but in that case information is disclosed only for purposes of providing those services. For example, in some cases we use suppliers to collect, use, analyze and otherwise process information, and perform other functions on our behalf. Our practice is to require such suppliers to handle information in a manner consistent with our policies.
- We may supply information to third parties, including governmental agencies, if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, rule or order.
- We may share aggregated statistical information with our business partners. This information does not include personally identifying information.
- In some circumstances, we may decide to sell, buy, merge or reorganize operations or businesses. During the course of these and similar transactions we may disclose personal information to, or receive such information from, prospective counterparties to such transactions. Our practice is to seek contractual restrictions on the uses of information acquired in these types of transactions; however, the restrictions vary in terms of scope and exceptions.
Marketing by Us
- We may send announcements and updates relating to our products or services or those of third parties, and may make introductions of third party service or product suppliers, to our customers and users of our sites;
- We may contact you as part of our customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes;
- We may enhance or merge the information we collect through the sites with data from third parties and with data we collect in other ways for purposes of marketing products or services;
- We may communicate with you by various means (including e-mail, telephone, mail, fax) to provide requested services, content, product information, notification of special offers, or in regard to customer service issues. We will provide you with an opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having online information used for purposes not directly related to the site at the point at which we ask for the information or when you receive an online requested promotional communication.
Some of the pages associated with our sites may relate to employment opportunities or human resources. They usually will be captioned “Careers” or “Career Opportunities” or will have similar labels or captions clearly indicating the employment opportunity subject matter (the “Careers Pages”) and such pages may be co-branded with third party service providers.
Resumes should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). We recommend that you do not disclose sensitive personal characteristics (e.g. gender, height, weight, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data, marital status) in your initial resume or letters. Please note that your information will be processed and/or stored in U.S. databases. By submitting your resume, you are consenting to the processing and storage of your information in the U.S.
Our sites may be linked to the web sites of others, as well as co-branded on other sites of our business partners, which may have privacy practices that differ from those at our sites. A co-branded site typically is operated by a third-party and displays the third-party’s name or logo along with our name or logo. When you click on links that take you to such external or co-branded sites, you will be subject to their privacy policies. Please note that the privacy policies relating to our sites apply solely to information collected by or on behalf of us our those sites; we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, including our business partners, and the uses that they may make of such information.