We believe in providing a rewarding and supportive work environment. Through a wide range of formal and informal approaches associates are encouraged to understand key business metrics, ask questions and stay informed. We reward associates for taking that extra step and going above and beyond their normal responsibilities. The result is an environment that fosters collaboration and innovation.
Our open door policy means associates are welcome to drop by, or request an appointment with co-workers, managers, supervisors or executives at any time. Open communication is the foundation for an excellent work environment and a successful business team.
Quarterly Town Hall meetings keep associates informed of what is going on in every department of the company. During this meeting, updates on business goals and major initiatives are reviewed. At the end of every Town Hall, associates are encouraged to ask questions and engage executives in discussions about the company.
Discussions with Dennis are small, informal meetings with Avendra’s President and CEO, Dennis Baker. Throughout the year, associates are invited to these meetings to discuss company activities, ask questions and learn more about the state of the industry.
Our unique Rewards & Recognition Program encourages associates to nominate co-workers for rewards based on exceptional performance or assisting with work above and beyond the call of duty. Rewards consist of a certificate and check or gift certificate. This is a great way for associates to recognize and reward one another for a job well done.
Avendra’s Innovation Committee asks associates to submit their ideas, suggestions and projects for review by a cross-functional team of Avendra executives. Many innovative ideas are encouraged and receive additional support, while others that have already been implemented receive recognition and the person who submitted the idea receives a monetary award.
We encourage associates to take part in charity events and community initiatives throughout the year. Our associates support as many as 30 charitable organizations each year through a variety of activities from volunteering time and expertise to raising funds. For more information, click here.
Our Employee Referral Program encourages associates to refer qualified candidates for open positions. If that person is hired, the associate who referred them receives $750.
Being environmental responsible is an important part of our culture. We try to minimize the impact our business has on the environment by putting policies in place to help reduce waste and curb negative environmental effects. Here are some of the things we are doing as a company to help the environment:
- We help our customers find sustainable solutions that align with their business strategies.
- We have on-site recycling programs for paper, plastic and glass.
- We host a monthly drawing for reserved parking spaces for associates who carpool or drive fuel-efficient vehicles.
- We minimize paper usage through defined processes for business documents.
- Our "Green Team" helps generate new ideas and implement office procedures and polices.
- Ongoing corporate communications program keeps environmental considerations top of mind for associates.
- Our office paper specifications are environmentally friendly.
- At headquarters, we do not use foam or paper cups; ceramic mugs are available for all associates and visitors to use.
- We have programs that allow associates to use pre-tax dollars toward transit costs.
- Avendra headquarters is metro accessible, click here for more information.
Are you interested in becoming part of the Avendra team? Take a look at our current openings.