Sustainability along the supply chain
Our position as supply chain and procurement experts allows us to innovate in meaningful ways. The partnerships we have with our customers and suppliers create opportunities for collaborative sustainable decision making. Our goal is to identify and contract for sustainable solutions that align with our customers’ business strategies.
A vast selection of products and services
Customers have a wide range of corporate social responsibility priorities from increasing the use of renewable or recyclable materials to finding energy-efficient approaches to business. We have hundreds of suppliers who provide products and services which help our customers meet their goals. Avendra works with customers to identify those products and services to provide a wide range of environmental and social responsibility opportunities, such as:
- Increasing energy efficiency
- Mitigating resources used, such as water reduction
- Reducing waste and toxic chemicals
- Promoting health and well being
- Compliance with relevant legal requirements
- Increasing local sourcing
- Improving local communities
Part of understanding and improving sustainability is about setting expectations and measuring results. Setting expectations helps encourage more sustainable behavior, while also creating a monitoring method. As sustainability is an ever evolving topic, we believe these initial goals for Avendra provide a solid framework towards balancing social, environmental and economic considerations, but we will look to continually evolve and further our efforts.
- Goal 1: Avendra will undertake efforts to ensure that all of our contracted suppliers will have a sustainability policy by the end of 2016.
- Goal 2: Avendra will identify ten categories and champion improved sustainability options in these categories by the end of 2016.