We encourage our suppliers to balance environmental, social and economic considerations in their businesses and supply chains. To help further these endeavors, we have developed a five year plan (2012-2016) with specific goals to help facilitate and track our efforts.
Below are the results of our efforts as of December 31, 2014.
Avendra will undertake efforts to ensure that all of our contracted suppliers will have a sustainability policy by the end of 2016.
Results to Date: 84 percent of supplier contracts have an approved sustainability policy on file.
- Continue supplier policy collection
- Identify high-risk areas for non-compliance and deploy educational and support resources
- Review current supplier policies to understand similarities, differences, etc.
Avendra will identify ten categories and champion improved sustainability options in these categories by the end of 2016.
Results to Date: Four categories have been addressed and reports have been issued to customers.
- Personal Paper
- Sourcing Locally Produced Foods
- LED Lighting
- Foodservice Disposables
- Sustainable seafood tracking (new)
- Packaging audits (new)
- Uniform supply chain analysis (new)
- Textile supply chain analysis (new)
- Local/organic produce tracking (additional work on prior category)
- Sustainable foodservice disposables tracking (additional work on prior category)