Avendra takes a three-pronged approach to corporate citizenship, with a clear commitment to sustainable sourcing and environmental protection. Our three pillars are:
- Integrity is essential. Suppliers are asked to provide a Sustainability Policy committing to environmental and social responsibility. We provide third-party supplier sustainability assessment and monitoring through EcoVadis.
- We target our efforts on critical issues such as climate, human rights, and deforestation and focus on categories that have a high impact including animal proteins, textiles and uniforms, plastic and paper products, agricultural crops, and sustainable seafood.
- We support our clients and customers wherever they are on their sustainable sourcing and supplier diversity journey including identifying focus areas and setting goals, providing purchasing reports and data analysis, researching and consulting on high impact areas, sharing information, articles, trends and innovation in sustainability.
Ensuring a stable and secure supply chain is critical to your success, and ours. We integrate sustainability into our procurement process through various elements such as educating and empowering our contracting associates to assess and drive sustainability within their respective contracts.
Avendra has systems in place to set expectations around sustainability ranging from asking detailed questions at the point of selection to baseline requirements at contracting, to continuous assessment and monitoring.
- We expect suppliers to conduct their businesses in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in our Supplier Code of Conduct
- It is essential we work with suppliers that are willing and able to assist Avendra and our customers in meeting sustainable sourcing goals and commitments.