Minimizing environmental impacts in our operations
Being environmentally responsible is an important part of our culture and it extends beyond our interactions with customers and suppliers. In our own operations, we try to minimize the impact our business has on the environment by putting policies in place to help reduce waste and curb negative environmental effects. Here are some of the things we are doing as a company to help the environment:
- We host a monthly drawing for reserved parking spaces for associates who carpool or drive fuel efficient vehicles.
- We have programs that allow associates to use pre-tax dollars toward transit costs.
- Avendra headquarters is metro accessible, click here for more information.
- We have on-site recycling programs for paper, plastic and glass.
- We minimize paper usage through defined processes for business documents.
- Our office paper specifications are environmentally friendly.
- Our ongoing corporate communications program keeps environmental considerations top of mind for associates.
- At headquarters, we do not use foam or paper cups; ceramic mugs are available for all associates and visitors to use.
Minimizing environmental impacts in the supply chain
As a services organization with a wide range of customers, we seek to support the sustainability and corporate responsibility initiatives of our customers. We encourage our suppliers to balance environmental, social and economic considerations in their businesses and supply chains. To help further these endeavors, we have set up specific goals to help in the facilitation and tracking of those efforts. Read More.